Dr. Feng-Bin (Frank) Sun is currently a Reliability Engineering Technologist at Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST). Prior to joining HGST, he had more than 23 years of working experience in both academia and industry. He published two books, both by Prentice Hall, and near 30 papers in various areas of reliability, maintainability and quality engineering. His expertise and interests include reliability modeling and risk assessment, product quality and reliability spec determination, RDT/ORT test procedure development, accelerated life test planning and quantification, parametric reliability testing and quantification, burn-in and ESS quantification and optimization, quality improvement through 6-Sigma, reliability-maintainability evaluation, preventive maintenance scheduling and spare parts provisioning for both components and systems. Dr. Sun served in the editing board as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Reliability from 1999 to 2003. He is currently the secretary for Society of Reliability Engineers Silicon Valley Chapter, a committee member and session moderator of several international conferences on reliability. He received his B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Southeast University (China), M.S. degree in Reliability from Shanghai University (China), and Ph.D. in Reliability from University of Arizona.
What Makes Hitachi GST the Industry Leader in Quality and Reliability (是什么造就了日立全球资讯储存质量和可靠性的业界领导地位)
Dr. Feng-Bin (Frank) Sun is currently a Reliability Engineering Technologist at Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST). Prior to joining HGST, he had more than 23 years of working experience in both academia and industry. He published two books, both by Prentice Hall, and near 30 papers in various areas of reliability, maintainability and quality engineering. His expertise and interests includ...read more
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST) has been consistently ranked top on quality and reliability in HDD industry. The most recent awards include HP Quality Award, Supplier Excellence Award from Google, and Number One Supplier recognition from Sony for the best quality, reliability, and service. This presentation provides an experience sharing of HGST�s success story with best practices in quality and reliability.
It covers the following topics:
1. HGST Quality and Reliability philosophy & vision
2. Define Quality and Reliability leadership and team building
3. Understand Product Life-Cycle Reliability Pattern and Define Closed-Loop Reliability Activities
4. Define Quality and Reliability Matrices and Conduct Reliability Prediction and Allocation
5. Assure System Quality & Reliability Starting from Bottom � Component and Supplier Quality Monitoring
6. Grow/Mature Product Reliability during Development
7. Ongoing Quality & Reliability Monitoring during Volume Production
8. Holistic product health monitoring and proactive processes � parametric Quality and Reliability
9. �Ochibo� spirit � learn from �mistakes� through Problem Deep Diving and continuous improvement
It is hoped that the audience can get a systematic view and appreciation of reliability efforts behind a successful company.
- Login to view the video -
Interested in Membership?
Take charge of your career and education. Join us today and get access to a wealth of webinars covering cutting edge topics important in reliability engineering today!
Find out more